Saturday, April 30, 2011

Plans, Hopes, and a Future


Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version, ©2011)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I see what is going on in the world, the uncertainty, the fear, people asking where is God? Notice that this verse doesn't say "for you and i both know..." God knows the plans he has for us, we don't, even though we would like too. sure we doubt God from time to time, and wonder why we have to deal with things. i could be mad about my financial situation, but then i would not see that the girlfriend God gave me doesn't love me for my money or the car i drive, she is still there with me for me. every struggle we go through is not God hating us, it is God forming us, changing us, so he can give us hope and a future. When your backs are against the wall and you about to give up, that is when God knows you will appreciate him more. that is when we are stronger for God, we have taken all the hell that Satan is allowed to give us, and we survive. When we finally realize what God has done for us, then we will seek him without question, because he brought us through those terrible things.

No comments:

Post a Comment